I am 30 years old. I am so proud to have come this far in life and excited about the years ahead. I would not change anything from my past but yes if I could go back and talk to my younger self there are certain things that I would like her to know. I don’t mean to say that I know everything now but I definitely know better than yesterday. Now that I know better I seem to do better and life keeps getting more exciting. I know my life will keep getting better with years passing by because I will keep learning along the way. I don’t regret not knowing better yesterday but my life yesterday could have been so much better with what I know today. So here are few advice I would give my younger self and maybe you will be able to relate with me on some of these. Though everything here may not apply to you but I am sure you will be able to relate to few.
So these are the things I would want her to know:
- You don’t have to figure it all out: I would tell her not to be obsessed to succeed but to enjoy the process of learning and getting the information. No one has it all figured out and that is perfectly okay. The mysterious road ahead is what makes life interesting.
- Spend more time with God : It will totally be worth it and the best investment of your time. There is nothing as beautiful as an intimate relationship with God. As you get to know God better you will start understanding that God is all for you and not against you. Don’t just get to know God through some “religious” leader when you have direct access yourself.
- Spend more time with yourself : Get to know yourself better and you will understand that you don’t have to be like everyone else. Just do what you want to do and find yourself in the process. Own the person you are and be authentic version of who you are.
- Take everything you go through as an experiment: Pay close attention to what lessons each challenge that come across on your path is trying to teach you. Everything that happens in your life is to help you grow but if you don’t pay attention you will miss the opportunity.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously: Laugh at yourself at times and give yourself the permission to make mistakes. Don’t get offended way too easily because that is such a boring way to live life.
- Don’t waste time: Time is your greatest asset so use it wisely. If something does not feel right don’t give your time and divert the time to something that makes sense.
- Don’t be scared of failing: You are going to have to fail several times before you succeed at something. So remember every failure is bringing you one step closer to the success. If you get scared of the failure or just give up you are letting all that you have been through go in vain and you will never be able to know what you are truly capable of. Keep failing until you succeed.
- Celebrate your failures : Don’t just celebrate your success but also your failures. Failure is not the end in itself but it is just a step in the ladder that will lead you to success . So every time you fail you have climbed one step closer to succeeding and that has to celebrated.
- Don’t ever regret the relationship that broke your heart: The relationship that is breaking your heart is going to change the trajectory of your life. You definitely will not able to understand that right now but just know it is going to change your life for better. You just need to know that it happened FOR you and not TO you.
- Take long walks on your own: When you start walking with yourself the things from the unseen realm will start revealing itself to you. So take long walks with yourself.
- Always celebrate You: You are worthy of celebration. Yes celebrate the people in your life but don’t forget to celebrate yourself as well. Go on dates with yourself and treat yourself. Trust me it is going to change the way you look at yourself and life will keep getting better.
- Don’t expect everyone to understand your journey: Don’t let people who don’t understand your journey talk you out of whatever you do best. Not everyone will be able to relate with your journey so expect some people to not understand but don’t let that stop you from going for your dreams.
- Be patient: Life is going to check your patience to the limit so have lots. Good things take time so don’t get impatient when things that you have been waiting for do not arrive on time. Whatever it is that you are waiting for and is taking very long is actually preparing itself for you. You don’t want it to reach to you unprepared. So be patient.
- Make-up is not what makes you beautiful: You don’t need make-up to feel beautiful. Yes if you like to wear make-up of course wear it but don’t depend on it to feel beautiful. You just need to know that you are beautiful with or without it.
- Learn to say “NO”: Some will not like it but you’ve got to be able to say no without any guilt whenever you want. Don’t say yes to everything and everyone because you don’t have that kind time and energy. Make your own judgement and choose what you want to say yes to and what you want to say NO to.
- Last but not the least pray, meditate and exercise always: These three ingredients will add so much beauty to your life so do it regularly.
I can go on but for now I am going to stop here.
Along life’s journey I have learned so many beautiful lessons and every lesson has helped me become the person I am today. I am grateful for all the challenges that brought in such beautiful lessons along.
I am sure everyone has lessons learned along the journey of life and if you are reading this post I am tagging you to do a post on your blog about the lessons that you have learned. And please do not forget to share your post with me because I want to learn from your journey.
Thank you for being a part of my journey.